PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS ON COMMON RAIL INJECTOR CODING & INJECTION PILOT RELEARN PRIOR TO FITMENT
When working on vehicles and replacing injectors, the battery (or batteries) must be disconnected as the ECU will retain memory of the previous state and fail to relearn the operational characteristics of the replacement injectors once installed.
It is also recommended that the vehicle is given at least one full day of running through a range of operational conditions to allow the replacement injectors to learn the new operational characteristics.
CODING THE INJECTORS PRIOR TO FITMENT TO THE VEHICLE
- Mark down the calibration code of each injector found on the solenoid and record which cylinder it will be fitted to.
- Using your scan diagnostic tool, enter the new calibration code of each injector into the correct cylinder.
- If the calibration code is not accepted, check that the correct vehicle (make/model/production date) and ECU manufacturer has been selected in the scan diagnostic tool. If the correct vehicle has been selected, check that the calibration code hasn’t been misread or entered incorrectly – it only takes one digit to be incorrect for the calibration code to be rejected. If you continue to have acceptance issues with your scan tool, please contact a staff member from Denco Diesel & Turbo who will troubleshoot the problem.
- Please note: We recommend coding the injectors PRIOR to fitment to the engine, confirming the correct injectors have been supplied. If the injectors have been incorrectly ordered and installed to the vehicle, a return for credit may be declined
INJECTION PILOT RELEARN FOR SOME LATE MODEL VEHICLES
- Using your scan diagnostic tool, open the function “PILOT QUANTITY LEARNING” to carry out the injection pilot relearn.
Note: PILOT QUANTITY LEARNING may also be titled “SMALL QUANTITY LEARNING” or “LEARNING”; depending on the scan diagnostic tool used. This function is generally located in the Injector calibration/coding section under Utility or Special Functions.
- The procedure for carrying out the injector pilot relearn can vary depending on the vehicle manufacturer. The exact procedure documented in the scan diagnostic tool or service manual must be followed otherwise it will fail to complete the pilot relearn. Once completed, the CEL or Glow Plug light will cease glowing on the dashboard and the DTC can be removed.
Example: Toyota 1KD-FTV Hilux, 09/2009 onwards
- Select the Pilot Quantity Learning function (or similar) in the scan diagnostic tool. 2. Change the shift lever to neutral, start the engine.
- Begin the function test by pressing the Start button. The Glow Plug light will begin to flash, indicating that the vehicle has enabled Learning Mode.
- Increase engine speed to 3000 RPM, release throttle completely & quickly (within 2 seconds).
- Once engine has returned to idle repeat the above step again.
- Pilot learning starts automatically once the condition is satisfied. This may require multiple repetitions per injector.