The following checklist is a quick guide to a few things you should check before replacing your turbocharger, turbochargers quiet often get replaced unnecessarily when all that might be causing the issue is a faulty hose or a blocked filter. The following quick checks could save you an expensive unnecessary replacement.
Is your vehicle lacking power?
- check your filter, hoses and pipes - are they in good condition?
- Is you fuel injection system correctly adjusted?
- Does your vehicle ECU have the latest software?
- Check your exhaust system for an blockages or damage.
Blowing excessive smoke or using oil?
- Check the air filter is not restricted or blocked
- Is the oil drain pipe clean and not restricted?
- Check all hoses and joints are in good condition
- Are there any lubrication problems in engine block?
- Check for any leaks or cracks in your intercooler.
- Is your pipework and support brackets still tight and not damaged in anyway?
Click here for detailed instructions about turbocharger replacement